Friday, May 30, 2008

Spend, spend, spend....

Three biggies accomplished today!

1). Signed up for the STP ~1 day (this is Seattle to Portland bike ride for those of you 'not in the know') www.cascade.org This is something one should only do once. But it'll be my 2nd. Because I am not normal. Briefly, it is a 200 mile 1 day ride that is not very pretty nor is it entertaining. However, it does give you bragging rights and much admiration so what can you do??! :) It is a day that begins ridiculously early and is a seemingly never ending cycle of "bike-grab food/drink-eat/stretch while in line for the port-a-potty to pee and reapply butt balm". But, I'm doing it with my sweetie and what we know how to do best is make all things fun. So I expect it'll be fun! And a total confidence builder for race day!

We'll drive down to PDX the day before and leave Lucy with my parents who are also watching our nephews!


2). Signed up for the Tour de Blast http://www.tourdeblast.com/ which is an 82 mile round trip ride through the Mt. St Helens blast zone climbing up 4,200 ft to the Johnson Ridge Observatory. I have done this before...however it snowed at the top and we didn't see blast zone or Mt. St. Helens because it was so crappy out and sagged down because our hand were so cold I couldn't shift or use my brakes. Let's hope for a nicer welcome to summer this year!!

This will be super fun because the McBrelfson's get to play! We get to play in portland on friday all day AND stay in a hotel room (reminiscent of chicago!) AND go on a great ride!!! And Jen and I will get to spend time with my brother and sister in law and nephews!

3). Signed up for our bikes to be shipped to Madison for the Ironman!!! Woohoo!!! We are really going! And the super duper bonus is that we don't have to unassemble our bikes!!! The will travel AS IS! And, with a bag as well! (ha! we'll show those ridiculous airlines and their checked baggage rules!)

Much accomplished, much money spent to do so!

No comments: