Tuesday, June 3, 2008

low low low kind of week

Since jen and i couldn't be removed from our bed on saturday to ride we chose to walk to a party we were going to. That was 5.5-6 miles away--pushing lucy in the stroller. Our plan was to take bus home. However, we stayed too long so we walked home as well. So 12 miles of walking. And blistered toes. Because, me, being vain, worn dumb shoes. Well, not dumb shoes. Super cute Danskos. But dumb for going for that kind of walk. :)
Then next morning we got up to run. And the running felt great! Until about a mile-ish in and my left foot hurts on the top. So we debated continuing to run. Trying to decide if it was worth continuing and potentially injuring myself or if it was something that would just work it self out. Ultimately we opted to walk...so walked about 9 miles.
I am telling myself this is good. Listening to my body. Working together with Jen as my team mate. Walking is crucial to an Ironman at our level so to be able to sustain walking long distances is a must. So it is all good. The super added bonus was hours to spend just being with Jen and talking and catching up. That my friends, is priceless!
Yesterday was spin day for both of us. We don't like this teacher and both felt kind of bored with it. I think we are both tired. Jen bricked after. I thought about swimming but didn't. Instead went and got milk and cereal for us for dinner. Yummy!
Today I again couldn't get up to swim. While I feel ok about this decision....I MUST not make it a habit. It is a slippery slope to "I can't work out, I'm tired"...when really, the whole point of ironman training is working out, being tired, building up the stamina and mental toughness one will need to carry them through the day and into the night.
I need to reinstitute the 9pm bedtime. I had to do that last time and it helped.

So I am lacking workouts and only wanting to eat desserts of any kind. That is a problem. It'll turn around though I know!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I completely agree with you on the magnetism of beds this morning. For my part, I'm blaming everything on the weather today- it makes staying in bed and returning to bed as soon as humanly possible absolutely the most reasonable option. Heck, it's 8:50 p.m. and I've been thinking of going to bed for an hour...

I love seeing you both train on the blog- it inspires me, especially as most of my training is solo right now. Keep up the fabulous entries (and the picasa albums of the wee one) as they are much appreciated!

Kisses to you all. :)