Friday, August 8, 2008

29 days....WOW!

Today Trina finally, FINALLY had a great swim. Great as in she was beaming at the end of her workout!!! What a gift this is for her. I am so happy to see her accomplish these victories as we prepare for the final leg of our training.

I am trying to glean strength from all of your positive posts, positive thoughts and words of wisdom. This week has been monumentally difficult for me psychologically and physically. I feel out of shape, like I haven't run or swam in months and so tired that all I can focus on is how wonderful my giant bed will feel in 'x'-hours. Intellectually I understand that such feelings are 'common' during this phase of training, and with my intense level of fatigue I am having a hard time resisting the wasteful feelings of doubt and uncertainty. Don't misunderstand, I am very excited for race day, I'm really excited about completing this goal. And I feel haunted by the demons of doubt. I am trying to embrace my feeling and work through them with every sluggish workout. I am hopeful that on the other side of this difficult week will be a week of challenge and renewed confidence.

In my swim today it hit me...I know why cookiemonster has edema. Swelling is commonly observed among super heros. Take for example the Incredibles, each of them have swollen legs, chest and arms. Super man has HUGE legs and swollen biceps. And well, then there's the superhuman power of breastfeeding--swelling---breast feeding...need I say more? So cookiemonster, during the reprieve from doubt during my swim today I realized that you are simply being transformed into the superhero we have always known you to be. You are SUPER JEN. Or JenCredible. Oooo, I like that.

Here's to the super hero in all of us. I just hope that my butt doesn't swell up anymore...what type of super hero would that make me? Oh god, don't go there!


No comments: