Sunday, August 10, 2008

thank you...i'll be here all day!

27 days until Ironman....and after 5.5 months, today I finally woke up EXCITED, excited to do this thing!!!! Many of you remember my excitement after we registered for Ironman (yes, a year ago!!!), and then I was excited right after training started (nearly six months ago). And then my enthusiasm waned considerably as training intensified. But this morning, this morning I woke with a much needed renewed sense of excitement. Yesterday we started planning for the trip...all of the logistics and we took time to purchase a few last minute training items that we know we want and will need in WI. I think this peek into the future, the momentary look ahead to the culmination of all this work was invigorating, inspiring and down right exciting. It feels great to feel positive again. It feels great to want to ride. It feels great to have the opportunity and stability in my life to spend so much time preparing for a single event. I am so blessed. And so, after so many months of exhausted posts, so many troubled training sessions and doubt-ridden expressions, I wanted to be sure to share the zeal that comes from knowing that the hard work is going to pay off. The delight that comes from knowing that this will all come to an end in a blaze of adrenaline and joy in merely 27 days is AWESOME. 27 DAYS PEOPLE!!!! WHAHOO!!! Let's RIDE!!!

No comments: