Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Just when you think you can't...you know what?

You can! Or I can! You saw my last post...I was wondering if we were there yet. Well, this week's workouts (minus the heinous 13.25 mile run) have been awesome! Yesterday, I ran 5 miles at 9 minute mile pace (OK you speedsters do not snicker...this is fast when your legs resemble balloons the like of Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade...without the strings and helium of course).

Anyway, then I went to an hour spinning class where we did speed workouts at some ridiculously high resistance. But did I cry? Well, a little....but I also rocked my workouts. And then today, after one little piece of feedback from my fabulous partner the Stingray swimmer....I knocked off 2.5 minutes of my time for the 2.4 miles in the swim! This was my best swim yet as I grew stronger and faster over the course of the mileage. And, (again, speedsters no snickering) I came in at a strong 1:12:00....very psyched about this.

I am still super tired...my legs are still edema-ed...and I'm still cranky and dizzy (but that has nothing to do with this training), but guess what? I again believe that I can do this silly thing called Ironman. In fact, today I thumb my nose the the general direction of Ironman and chortle in that stupid US American-mocking-the-French laugh. I love finding hope in the depth of despair...and really, this is a silly little race we're talking about...but the learning is still so very applicable. As my friend reminded me...what we do, how we are on the yoga mat so too are we in life. Well, today I rocked the mat!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow Cookiemonster....THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!! You are a wonder woman!!!!! Keep up the amazing work!
Ironman is going to be child's play for you! You are such a strong, beautiful, PHENOMENAL triathlete!!!!!